Hello from the team at SHAG!
We are looking for a male voice to join us as we work towards growing our company in some exciting ways…
SHAG is a digital creative platform and community of young creatives who want to change the way we speak about sex, gender, our bodies and health.
We are working towards better sex and mental health education and aim to spark meaningful conversations through our events and the content we put out. We aim to be as open as possible to anyone and everyone, and provide a safe space to speak about the issues that affect young adults today.
SHAG is going through a period of growth, and we are looking for a creative intern to join our small team and grow with us! In order to tackle the subject matter we do, we need to diversify our team in as many ways as possible, and currently we are lacking a male voice – if you are interested in delving into activism while also pursuing your creative hobbies, we encourage you to reach out!
We are in need of someone who can edit, write, and commission content for our site in a variety of formats including features, listicles, and interviews with a focus on social politics, mental health and sex education.
We would also love for you to help out at our events and shoots, as well as contribute ideas to improve all aspects of SHAG.
This would be an unpaid internship to start, but there is potential for a full time position further down the line.
More about the role:
• Write, edit and commission content for our digital magazine.
• Brainstorm ideas for shoots and projects with the team.
• Assisting with events.
• Ensure editorial direction is on-brand
• Interest social politics, and keen to improve the conversations around sex education and mental health.
• Student or graduates with passion and willingness to learn are welcomed
• Can work independently, but also proactive in a team setting
• Gain valuable experience writing and working for a start-up
• Opportunity to convert the internship into a full-time paid role at SHAG.
If you are interested, please email your CV along with why you want to work with us and why you think you’d be a good fit for the job to our email firstname.lastname@example.org by the 24th of April. Internship starts on the 24th of May.